A Threat Intelligence Platform That Delivers
Updating network devices with the latest threat data is tedious, time-consuming, and ultimately not effective. So most “Threat Intelligence” is used for forensics to detect breaches that have already happened.
ThreatSTOP is cloud-based automated threat intelligence platform that converts the latest threat data into enforcement policies, and automatically updates your firewalls, routers, DNS servers and endpoints to stop attacks before they become breaches.
A DNS Firewall is Essential to Your Network Security
Every connection with the Internet starts with a DNS query. Your users rely on DNS to make connections to mission critical applications, websites, and resources on your network. Malware needs DNS to communicate back to their command and control servers to deliver ransomeware, steal your data, or turn your network into a botnet for criminal use.
ThreatSTOP DNS Defense delivers continuous updates containing IP addresses and domains used by threat actors to intercept dangerous and unwanted traffic heading out of your network so the traffic can be blocked, monitored, or redirected to safe locations such as a walled-garden.
Automate and Augment your DNS Threat Defense
- Threats are continuously discovered by our security researchers, tracked by the 50+ threat intelligence sources we integrate into our platform, and automatically shared as policy updates direct to your DNS Firewall.
- Attacks are prevented by neutralizing malware’s ability to call home, eliminating data destruction or exfiltration that has bypassed existing network security layers.
- Advanced reporting provides full visibility into blocked DNS queries, and identifies impacted machines, allowing for efficient and accurate remediation.
How It Works
- Pick the DNS Server you want to transform into a DNS Firewall. Select standard policies or create your own custom policy in our customer portal.
- Apply any number of action rules. For example, attempts to contact botnet C&C servers can simply be denied, while users who click on phishing links see a redirection to a walled garden.
- All rules are automatically downloaded from the portal and are added to the BIND DNS server configuration files. The DNS server automatically downloads the policy and applies it to all lookups it receives.
- The policy is automatically updated (by default this is every two hours) so that the policy can block new threats and no longer block access to locations that have been remediated.
- RPZ takes action based on the domain name queried (QNAME), the IP address returned (RPZ IP) or the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or IP address of any of the name servers used in the resolution process (NS IP and NS DNAME).
No New Hardware or Software
- 100% Cloud-based Security as a service
- Deploys in under an hour via an online portal
- Custom, user-defined policies are easy to create and manage
- Compatible with all major DNS servers including Windows Server 2016 and Microsoft Azure
|Check IOC for DNS Defense||Client IP Summary Reports for DNS Firewall||DNS Defense Policy Creation|