Director of Security Research
Director of Security Research is responsible for leading a team of Security Analyst in curating and harvesting real time data related to emerging cyber threats that impact all sectors of government and commercial sectors for the ThreatSTOP product line. This includes acquisition of new intelligence, creation of new feeds, and managing third-party intelligence sharing relationships.
- Provide leadership, management, and mentoring of security team members.
- Develop new originally sourced intelligence from ThreatSTOP telemetry to find new threats otherwise undetected by existing offerings.
- Work with product management and engineering providing specifications for new product specifications and deploying new customer offering related to protections, such as global policies.
- Work with Marketing team to create content for blog posts and white papers.
- Lead research efforts to uncover new threats and disseminate information as appropriate to customers, leads, and the community at large.
- Validate the quality of all data received from 3rd party sources.
- Manage deliverables using a SCRUM based framework in sprints.
- Generate reports to management related to indicator effectiveness, such as TOP Bad Actors and False Positive Rates.
- Participate in various cybersecurity listservs and groups.
- Lead efforts to define and develop new tools related to security research.
- Author and Maintain Policies and Procedures related to the security team operations.
- Provide customer assistance related to false positive indicators and incident response.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills
- 5+ years of experience in a cybersecurity position related to providing analyst and research of security threats.
- 2+ years working as a senior team lead or manager.
- Excellent understanding of statistical models and providing data from working with those models.
- Proficiency with Python.
- Understanding of networking concepts related to TCP/IP and DNS.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Interested Applicants should send their resume to email@example.com.
Senior System Administrator
ThreatSTOP is hiring a Senior Unix System Administrator to join the team designing, operating and scaling the mission-critical infrastructure supporting our cybersecurity products.
This position is located in our office in Carlsbad, CA, in San Diego County. Candidates must be local or able to relocate.
- Plan and build Continuous Integration platform to support development and production
- Implement, deploy and manage configuration automation systems with Ansible
- Maintain high availability through fault tolerance and system standardization
- Create and maintain systems documentation
- Work with the development team to build new systems and products
- Excellent knowledge of Unix system administration
- Experience with network design and administration (all layers)
- Experience supporting modern web applications
- Comfortable with basic database management
- Experience in a service provider or operations environment
- Proven experience to implement and manage service monitoring
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced and collaborative startup environment
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and proactive
- Experience with Performance engineering
- Experience with ESXi, vSphere, Nexenta, ZFS
- Familiar with software configuration management (Ansible, Chef...)
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include 11 company holidays, employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K plan, on-site fitness facility, and 10 minutes from the beach.